Thursday, September 4, 2014

Artist Statement

Sports have always driven me to put more effort in whatever mission I have set myself to accomplish, to be persistent in what I am going after and to stay as cool, calm and collected as possible while doing it.  However, I feel that what made it an inspiration to me is how it was presented, i.e highlight videos, tributes with exhilarating music that follows an epic movement or moment. Whether it be NFL Films, independent YouTube videos or Hollywood films, the presentation of sports through the lens of a camera and the story of a script have always inspired me to strive for more. It is through the same scope that I'd like to spread my views and opinions on different topics whether it be political, social or cultural.

Now, I would like to call myself a filmmaker or writer who can send my message of whatever thoughts I have on my mind to an audience, but frankly I'm neither and I cannot. Not yet. But when I take or edit pictures, I hope to capture moments that would exude a direct emotional response, more often laughter or a smile than anything else; when I make a video, I attempt to create a story that will hopefully take a view of social or cultural issues. What interests me the most are documentaries, comedy and how significantly people are impacted by the social norms of their society.The main goal however, of any of these installations, is to make viewers think.

Each project varies in story, imagery, and uses a variety of materials and processes while simultaneously maintaining the consistent goal of attempting to encourage to educate, think and go for whatever "it" is.

No comments:

Post a Comment